New release of ProfileView
I've posted the source and binary for the latest release of my ProfileView ASP.NET server control
. I was finally able to address the much requested fix to make the order of the properties displayed at runtime reflect the order they are declared in the web.config. Here are the release notes:
- Properties now display in the order they are listed in web.config
- Design-time view now uses same rendering method as runtime
- Fixed design-time bug that caused it to fail when a profile property type was not specified
- Design-time view now has a Smart Tag to allow you to preview an anonymous user's profile
I tried to use your ProfileView webcontrol, but I don't know how (no tut, no sample...)
Here is what I did :
>%@ Register TagPrefix="FlimFlan" Namespace="FlimFlan.WebControls" Assembly="ProfileView" %<
>form id="profile01" runat="server"%lt;
>FlimFlan:ProfileView id="ProfileView01" runat="server" /%lt;
but it doesn't work... can you give some hint please.
[%@ Register Assembly="FlimFlan.WebControls" Namespace="FlimFlan.WebControls" TagPrefix="flim" %]
[flim:profileview id="ProfileView1" runat="server"/]
(using square brackets instead of angle brackets)
I'm trying to use your control and have one question regarding it. I've three atrributes defined for my profile in the web.config, namely FirstName, LastName and PhoneNumber. The control is showing textboxes for First Name and Last Name, but nothing for Phone Number. Is there any way I can have it show additional controls for modifying additional profile information???
so my next question is how can I've a Validator validate one of the textboxes, if it's possible to do so. Also, I would like to format the styling of the ProfileView control. Can it be done??
P.S - I just tried to peep inside ur source code. It's all VOODOO magic to me
The styling options are not as good as I would like. The control should render IDs and CSS class names on each of the tags. You should be able to add styles to each control by referencing those names and IDs in a stylesheet.
1. When UserName property is set it does not re-render the control to update the profile values of that user. In fact it gets confused and makes a mess of it.
2. How would it go about re-rendering the whole control when the profile properties of the user (not just the values but the profile set) differs from the previous one?
I placed it in a page where I first select the application which then loads the users which is then used to set the username on the ProfileView. It just does not work. You can set the Username property but that is about it.