This is the official home of my new ProfileView control. ProfileView is an ASP.NET 2.0 server control that enables your users to view and/or edit their Personalization Profile. Read my original post about it for more background.
The source code is now freely available! Download it and do with it as you wish. If you add any features, I would appreciate it if let me know about it using the contact information on my blog.
How to use
Register the assembly at the top of the aspx page that will host the control:
<%@ Register Assembly="FlimFlan.WebControls" Namespace="FlimFlan.WebControls" TagPrefix="flim" %>
Place the control markup where you want the ProfileView to appear:
<flim:ProfileView ID="UserProfile" runat="server" />
June 24, 2006: Release 1.2.524.2006
- Added the UserName property to allow you to edit the profile of any user in the system - not just the current user.
January 8, 2006: Release 18.104.22.1686
- Properties now display in the order they are listed in web.config
- Design-time view now uses same rendering method as runtime
- Fixed design-time bug that caused it to fail when a profile property type was not specified
- Design-time view now has a Smart Tag to allow you to preview an anonymous user's profile
October 30, 2005: Updated for the final release (RTM) version of Visual Studio 2005 / .NET Framework 2.0
July 7, 2004: A significantly updated version is now available.
- The design-time view now shows your actual profile properties, instead of sample properties
- New ReadOnly mode allows you to use ProfileView to display a user's profile, without allowing them to edit it.
- Now supports profile groups
- Add the ability to disable display of profile properties by their “group“
- Create a templated UI (or at least more style/formatting properties)
- Allow better support for display of custom types/collections